Wednesday 6 February 2013

Sweets for my Sweet: Peppermint Oreo Truffles

oreo truffle recipe

As it's coming up towards Valentines Day, I thought I'd share a couple of Valentines Day inspired recipes with you! If I'm honest, Adam and I have never really celebrated Valentines Day as a couple. Neither of us were really very interested in it. For some reason though, this year I'm looking forward to it. I think it's all the hearts and reds and pinks! I've actually planned a couple of things this year to celebrate. Nothing over the top, just a special meal at home and a couple of homemade bits and bobs but shh, don't tell him! ;)

If you're looking for something simple but still special, why not make the person you love these peppermint oreo truffles? They're ridiculously simple and if you take out time needed for cooling and chilling, then they're really quick to make. No baking, and only three ingredients! This recipe makes just enough oreo pops for a special treat which is good because they're so more-ish you'd have to have some serious willpower not to eat the lot all at once!

Peppermint Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:

oreo pops recipe

1 packet oreo biscuits
80g cream cheese
200g white chocolate
2 candy canes, or 4 or 5 peppermint sweets

oreo truffles recipe

Method:

  • Line a baking tray or dinner plate with baking paper, and bring cream cheese to room temperature
  • Put oreos into food processor, and process until the biscuits resemble bread crumbs
  • Add cream cheese and process again until combined, the mixture should be starting to stick together
  • Roll into balls, and put on your lined tray/plate
  • Put into the fridge to firm up. I left mine for about an hour or so.
  • Put your candy canes/peppermint sweets into a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin or similar until they break up into little bits
  • Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, taking care not to let the bottom of the bowl touch the water
  • Dip your rolled oreo pops into the melted chocolate one at a time, and set back on the baking paper lined tray
  • Once you've dipped them all, sprinkle peppermint pieces over the top and leave to cool

    peppermint oreo pops

    oreo truffles recipe

    Once they've set, package them up in a pretty jar and give to someone you love!

    oreo pops recipe

    oreo truffles recipe

    oreo pops recipe

    And there you have it! Super easy, like I promised. I wondered if the oreo truffles would be pepperminty enough with just the bits on top, and wondered if I should have added some essence to the oreo/cream cheese mixture, but it turned out to be just the right amount of peppermint.

    Let me know if you try these! And also, do you have anything special planned for Valentines Day?




  • 6 comments:

    Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

    Hi Emma, thank you for commenting in my blog. You too, love books. :-) Hope you get some reading suggestions, from my book blog/page.

    I can't do much baking, so I am more interested in your lovely photos, than in recipes. (Heart stents and food allergies, make normal baking, difficult, if not impossible) But I do so love your photos, especially those with the red faerie lights!

    I see you have that awful prove-you're-not-a-robot setting on here. -sigh- Do you know that lots of people in Pretty Blog Land, just do not, not, not like having to figure out these awful words/numbers, in order to comment in blogs?

    Some just will not comment, when this setting is on. I like to tell the blogger... Try to comment once, and tell them. Rather than just going away, and they never know I was here, or why I left.

    "Auntie" (who is now trying to comment, for the 2nd time! -sigh-)

    Hena Tayeb said...

    oh yum.

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous said...

    Hello, just wanted to mention, I loved this post. It was funny.
    Keep on posting!

    Here is my site :: http://www.cubestat.com/

    Unknown said...

    I noticed that you have lots of yummy recipes on your page and I would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: www(dot)alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs
    If you want to add your food blog for get more visit traffic to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: www(dot)alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blogs

    Hopefully hearing from you soon,

    Thanks,
    Sakkarin SÂș
    info@alldishes(dot)co.uk

    Unknown said...

    Hello,
    As food inspires you, hence thought to share the story of Plattershare.

    www.plattershare.com is a food networking platform which aims to bring the food enthusiast (home chef, professional chefs, food bloggers) and food business (restaurants, food start-up and food and beverages companies) together to share their passion for food and grow their business.
    So join us and show your passion for food.
    See you soon on Plattershare.
    Thanks
    Plattershare Mascot

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...