Wednesday 5 October 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Cakes

Today is less than twelve weeks until my wedding! I'm so excited. I have a fun weekend planned full of bridesmaid dress and centrepiece shopping with my mum and bridesmaids. Today I'm going on a hunt for the perfect wedding cake. With everything else for our wedding, Adam and I have known what we want. With our cake, we're clueless! We really like lots of different cakes, but don't want to spend a lot on one. So many people I know are so good at baking, but I don't want to put the stress on anyone to make ours. I'd like to make it myself, but don't know if it would be too much - especially because I want to DIY so much anyway. This cake is my favourite one:

wedding cake hannah millard
(Photo by Hannah Millard)

But I think this might be too summery for a winter wedding.


I love this one, and I think it would be quite simple for me to make myself. You can buy plain, ready iced tiers from Marks & Spencer, and then I could have a friend help me out with the snowflakes.

wedding cake snowflake

These cupcakes are absolutely beautiful, and I want to have at least some cupcakes, think I'll definitely be making these! I love them.

snowflake wedding cupcakes glorious treats
(Photo & Recipe by Glorious Treats)

Also, there's a local bakers to us who does absolutely GORGEOUS (looking and tasting!) cakes, but they're a little on the expensive side. I'm going to call there on my way to uni today for some prices.

What are your favourite cakes or cupcakes?

5 comments:

his little lady said...

wedding cakes are the best! and i definitely think cupcakes are becoming the next big thing!
xo TJ

Katie said...

hi emma! it's nice to meet you :) thanks for your support and I look forward to spending some more time with your blog too! you have a great style and I can't wait to try some of your yummy-sounding recipes! congratulations on your wedding :) I personally love the cupcakes with the snowflakes - so beautiful. xo

Khushboo said...

Good luck finding the perfect cake! I loved the idea that a friend used at her wedding. She and her husband had a 3-tier cake: 1 layer was her favorite, 2nd layer was his favorite and third was one they both loved!

Adam and Brittany said...

I loved planning my own wedding and have been obsessed with weddings ever since. I think the top cake is sooo cool because it is so unusual and so unexpected. I think it would be awesome for you to make your own cake but could get pretty stressful when you are in crunch time!

Brittany
http://adam-n-brittany.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love the second one!! Good luck...cakes are so hard to choose! At least for me it was ha

I stumbled upon your blog and thought I would say hello! I just started up a new blog that is all about COLOR.

Come on over and become a follower to enter the upcoming giveaways!

xoxox
Aarean

http://colorissue.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...