Tuesday 29 March 2011

Have your cake and eat it!

Hello! How was your weekend?

Mine was kind of low key, but fun nontheless! Spent most of it hanging out with Adam and Izzy! It's nice to be able to get some time with Adam, he's been working crazy hours lately as has recently started a new business!

On Sunday, my parents invited us round for dinner. It was delicious! I didn't snap any photos but we started with a turnip soup my sister had made which was SO NICE! I'm going to attempt to make it at home myself sometime soon. We had a roast dinner made by my Mum (also delicious! Is it just me or does anyone else think you just can't beat your Mum's cooking?!) and then for dessert I brought these:

dessert plate

They were so good! I love to make desserts but myself, my parents and my sisters are all on health kicks. I was going to bake a cake at first, but I know how hard it is to control your portion size when presented with a gorgeous looking dessert. Then I remembered my Auntie had given me a square cupcake pan for Christmas, so I decided to make individual cakes. I just used a regular sponge mix, sliced them in half, added some sliced strawberries and a little whipped cream, then dusted them with icing sugar. They were really nice, and it was so easy to just have one! (Well, my Dad had two, and Adam had about four!) We all felt like we'd had a treat, without derailing our diets.

dessert plate close

I hope you all had good weekends too - what's on your agenda for the upcoming week?

6 comments:

Vegan Chick Pea said...

I bet those strawberries make it extra delicious!

Anonymous said...

these look absolutely delicious!! amazing photo!

Merut said...

These cakes are such a good idea! And I bet your right - it is easier to control yourself when the portions are smaller. Brilliant!

Brenda said...

Those mini-strawberry shortcakes look delicious! It was a great idea making smaller desserts. I like it much better when portion sizes are determined for me (as opposed to me making them) which always results in a larger serving!

nikouru said...

These are absolutely adorable, and they sound delicious! These would make a great spring/summer dessert :)

Groff's Girl said...

What a great idea!!!! I need to do more bite sized things for my family, it will really teach portion control. I love it because I need things to be in portion sizes so I am able to better eyeball and know what I am eating! Those look delicious, and yes- your pictures are gorgeous! I wish I could take such nice pictures!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...