Monday 21 March 2011

My first green smoothie!

I haven't posted for a while, and I've been really missing it! Things have just been a bit hectic around here lately, but hopefully now I can get back to a semi-regular posting schedule!

This weekend I visited my local market to pick up some fruit and veggies. We used to buy them from the supermarket, but they are much better value for money from the market, not to mention tastier! They also aren't packaged as much as they are at supermarkets either so less waste! Here's what I got:


Cauliflower, carrots, broccolli, sweet potatoes, spinach, iceberg lettuce, mangoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, apples, cucumbers, pineapple, blueberries, chillis, grapes, strawberries, red pepper, limes, bananas and butternut squash. I felt a bit bad about getting the more exotic fruit as I prefer to eat at least somewhat seasonally and locally but I really feel like I needed them! I've already frozen most of the fruit to use in smoothies over the next few weeks. Smoothies a bit like this one:


This smoothie was so delicious, and it had:

  • One kiwi
  • Pineapple
  • Half a lime
  • Big handful of spinach
  • Apple juice
  • Four grapes
This was my first time trying spinach in a smoothie and to be honest I couldn't tell it was there! This was really delicious, definitely going to be making it regularly!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...