Friday 11 February 2011

Then it hit me...

I was filling in an application form for a job earlier on today, and I was writing a personal statement. The job was for a family activity co-ordinator at a community garden. As I was writing about the importance of growing your own fruit and vegetables and how it has the potential to make such a positive impact on our world, it suddenly hit me - I really feel this way.

I know that sounds a bit stupid; like, why would I write it if I didn't really believe it? And I'm not sure how to explain it. It was something about how passionate I was being, and how honest and truthful the application was, that made it hit home. I believe in this and I have the ability to do something about it.

I've always wanted to be a teacher, on and off. Ever since I was little. But it wasn't until last year when something really just spoke to me, and I knew, deep down with 100% conviction, that being a teacher is what I'm supposed to do. I can still remember my favourite ever teacher. I looked up to her, she was such an inspiration to me and she taught me so many things. I think most people can remember their favourite teacher. I could be someone's favourite teacher! And I could teach them the importance of being green, and of a healthy diet. All those impressionable young minds, waiting to be moulded!

I probably won't end up getting the job as in reality I'm probably under qualified for it right now, though my heart might be in the right place. But it has made me remember the passion I have for educating children and why I wanted to become a teacher to begin with! I really needed that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...